Led Zeppelin Soundtrack out on September 7.
Led Zeppelin was at the peak of its powers on July 27-29 1973, when the band’s performances at New York’s Madison Square Garden were recorded for the concert film, The Song Remains The Same. The soundtrack to the film, produced by Jimmy Page, was originally released on Swan Song in 1976. The band continues revisiting their live canon on September 7, with a new edition of the soundtrack to The Song Remains The Same that features newly remastered audio. The album is available to pre-order now.
This release follows the recent reissue of their live album How The West Was Won, and rounds out the deluxe reissue series of their classic albums that began in 2014, building to the band’s 50th anniversary celebration slated to commence later this year. Coincidentally, John Bonham, John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page, and Robert Plant played their first live show together, under the moniker ‘The New Yardbirds’ at the time, on September 7, 1968.
The Song Remains The Same will be released in multiple formats from Atlantic/Swan Song, including the full album’s debut in hi-res 5.1 surround sound on Blu-Ray. The Super Deluxe Boxed Set will be the most exquisite and elaborate release in the reissue series, recreating the intricate embossing of the set’s original issue and will also mark the first time the full length film and soundtrack have been available in the same package. On the 4-LP set, Page made a change to the track sequence, allowing the epic, 29-minute version of ‘Dazed And Confused’ to be featuring in its entirety on one side of vinyl for the first time.
The Song Remains The Same will be available in the following formats:
· CD: Remastered audio on two CDs, plus 24-page booklet
· Vinyl: Remastered audio on four 180-gram vinyl LPs, plus 28-page booklet
· Blu-Ray: 96kHz/24 bit 5.1 (DTS-HD Master Audio Surround) and stereo mixes (PCM Stereo and DTS-HD Master Audio Stereo) plus video performances of four songs not in the original film: Celebration Day, Over The Hills & Far Away, Misty Mountain Hop, and The Ocean. (All with 5.1 audio)
· Streaming & Digital Download: Remastered audio.
· Super Deluxe Boxed Set, which includes:
– Remastered audio on two CDs and four 180-gram vinyl LPs
– Two DVD set of The Song Remains The Same featuring the full theatrical version of the film plus bonus content including four performance outtakes that were not part of the original film: Celebration Day, Over The Hills & Far Away, Misty Mountain Hop, and The Ocean.
– DVD of the entire album in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround and PCM Stereo, plus photo gallery.
– High-def download card of all stereo audio content at 96kHz/24 bit.
– A 28-page book featuring band photos and stills from the film and an essay by Cameron Crowe.
– A replica of the Japanese program from 1977 when the film toured cinemas in Japan.
– High-quality print of the original album cover, the first 30,000 of which will be individually numbered.
CD & Digital Track Listing
1 Rock And Roll
2 Celebration Day
3 Black Dog
4 Over The Hills And Far Away
5 Misty Mountain Hop
6 Since I’ve Been Loving You
7 No Quarter
8 The Song Remains The Same
9 The Rain Song
10 The Ocean
1 Dazed And Confused
2 Stairway To Heaven
3 Moby Dick
5 Whole Lotta Love
LP Track Listing
1 Rock And Roll [3:55]
2 Celebration Day [3:37]
3 Black Dog [3:46]
4 Over The Hills And Far Away [6:16]
1 Misty Mountain Hop [4:45]
2 Since I’ve Been Loving You [8:20]
3 The Ocean [4:29]
1 The Song Remains The Same [5:29]
2 The Rain Song [8:22]
1 No Quarter [10:37]
1 Dazed And Confused [29:17]
1 Moby Dick [11:08]
1 Stairway To Heaven [11:02]
1 Heartbreaker [6:23]
2 Whole Lotta Love [13:48]